Unfortunately I do not have a tons of pictures to share with you guys, my photographer canceled and I was busy entertaining. But I will still share all the cute ideas I found on Pinterest and through out the web. So if you are planning a baby shower you can follow the steps I did. I am completely clueless when if comes to these sort of parties... you know, kids and all... CLUELESS! Thank you to the internet gods, there is a shit top of information out there for such people as I to take advantage of.
So first thing first I needed a plan. Found a check list here that was helpful and gave me a general idea of what I needed. We picked a date and came up with a guest list. On to the invitations. Originally I wanted to make them from scratch to mail, but then, well, I didn't want to anymore. Evite it is! I was actually really happy with them and so was J (Jess). evite.com is a great source for sending out invitations. There are of course free versions but you can choose a premium one for just a few extra bucks, up to 50 invitations will set you back only $12.
I really loved my experience with evite.com, it was fun to create it, we've added a personal message to the registry that asked for old children's books instead of greeting cards→ . The mommy to be created the registry, gave me the IDs and it was very simple to link them to the invitation. Tracking RSVPs was my favorite perk. Track them through the site or mobile app, see who replied yes or no and see who viewed the evite but did nothing... Yes I see you bitches!
J asked me to make her a flower crown... so I made 20, for all the ladies to wear at the shower... So cute!! Hers of course being the biggest and baddest. Luckily Jo-Anns was having a 50% off on all the faux flowers, so I went ape shit... Glue gun, dollar general head bands and voila!
Dog helped me model the crown to J.
Next I've made goody bags. Super simple and adorable. I found a tamplate on Etsy for EOS printable favor cards. Use a 1.5" hole puncher to make a circle to incert EOS lip balm. I've also created Thank You tags for the bag. So cute, right?
I went with a theme of games. Instead of choosing games with prizes for guest, I chose more of activity based games that involved making thing for the baby.
- ABC Book - Draw a picture for each letter of the alphabet. When done, we've created a personalized ABC book for the kiddo. Book template
- The sentence game - This is like broken telephone meets pictionary. Write a sentence about mommy to be and pass it to the next person. They will draw the sentence and then fold it over. The next person with write a sentence about the picture and fold it over. Very silly result at the end! Printable template
- Diaper decorating - just grab some permanent markers and go crazy. Baby will have personalized diapers and mommy will think of you every time she puts one on.
- Wishes for baby - This is a nice addition to the personalized ABC book. Found cute template here, you can choose from grey, blue, brown or yellow.
- Mommy advise cards - have everyone write their advise on a card and place it in a small box ( I used white index card folded in half ). Mommy to be can read it out at the end of the party.
Food and Drinks
Light and simple is always the way to go. I had fruit, a couple of salads, cold and hot horderves. The cake was made by one of our friends and her mother, who are amazing bakers. For drinks - can never go wrong with chilled pellegrino and mimosas. You can also look up a recipe for virgins mimosas for none drinkers.
I've decorated with blue and white through out the house. My favorite were white balloons wrapped in baby blue tulle. Lastly, I played smooth Brazilian jazz in the background, that set the mood for the party. And that's that, I threw my very first baby shower! ♡